- This event has passed.
Ladies Event – Saturday, Oct 23, another edition of Pistol 101. 8:30AM
October 23 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
This Saturday, Oct 23, another edition of Pistol 101. 8:30AM – 12 classroom time, then 1-3PM at Outpost Range. Make sure you have acquired your Outpost Range membership card before Saturday.
- Classroom portion will be held at the Pine Ridge Community Center and is free for club members. Bring a lunch, as we’ll head to the range right after class.
- The Pistol 101 course is designed to teach you to safely shoot a semi-automatic pistol or revolver with supervision. You will learn the NRA’s five fundamentals of pistol shooting as well as proper grip and stance and leave prepared for the range time in the afternoon. You can bring your own pistol or let me know if you would like to borrow one. NO LIVE AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM.
- We’ll take your classroom training out to the range 1-3 later that afternoon at Outpost Range (cost dependent on which Outpost membership you got).
- You must have a current Outpost Range membership, so be sure to visit them before next Saturday to watch their safety video and acquire your range membership card ($20 for a year). Be sure to tell them you’re with the Pine Ridge Shooters Club.
- For the live-fire shooting, you must provide your own eye and ear protection, water (with a screw-top, no straws or sippy cups allowed), wear a ball cap, a crew-neck shirt, and closed toe shoes. If you’re bringing your own pistol, you will need a box of ammo and a chamber flag (available at Outpost’s shop). If you need to borrow a pistol, let me know ASAP.
Registration will be available on shooters.pineridgeassn.com soon, or you can reply to my email or call me.
Please call if you have any questions, and I hope to see you soon,
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, and CCW Instructor, and Chief Range Safety Officer